Posts for category: Headache
Chiropractic medicine is focused on how the musculoskeletal and nervous system can affect your overall health and cause painful symptoms. For example, a lot of patients have unexplained headaches that may be linked to chiropractic problems. Learn how a chiropractor at Redondo Family Chiropractic Inc. in Federal Way, WA, can help with adjustments and other treatments to relieve headache pain.
Headaches can become a major setback for patients as they try to work and complete important tasks during the day. The sensation of a headache can range from a mild tenderness in the temples to a sharp, debilitating migraine that radiates throughout the head and neck. There are a number of possible causes, including inflammation of the nerves or blood vessels, neurological disorders, sinus infections, and stress.
A chiropractor at our Federal Way, WA, office can offer you a number of chiropractic solutions to improve your chances of reduced headache pain. Here are a few of the treatments you should explore with your doctor:
- Chiropractic adjustments (also called spinal manipulation)
- Massage therapy
- Relaxation training and electromyographic (EMG) biofeedback
- Ice or heat therapy applied to the area of headache pain
- Acupuncture treatments
- Referral for cognitive behavioral therapy
What to Discuss with Your Chiropractor
Your chiropractor will likely have a list of questions that need to be answered about your headache symptoms. For instance, when did the headaches start, and how often do you experience them? Have you recently had a procedure or diagnosis that could be related to the pain? It’s important that you discuss all of the medications that you’re taking and any treatments that you had in the past as well as provide a full medical history.
Make an Appointment
If you’ve tried many different ways of relieving headache pain but nothing has given you an enduring solution, consider seeking help from a chiropractor at our Federal Way, WA, office. Call 253-941-6977 today to schedule a date and time for your initial visit with Dr. Andrew Winger.
Ongoing headache pain is an irritating and often frustrating situation which can make you feel as though there is no help in sight. Though you may only relate chiropractic care to back or neck pain, it can also help treat other issues like headaches or migraines. Find out more about treating your headache pain with chiropractic care with Dr. Andrew Winger and Dr. Frank Rossi at Redondo Family Chiropractic in Federal Way, WA.
What is chiropractic care?
Chiropractic care focuses on diagnosing neuromuscular disorders and treating them with drug-free interventions like manual manipulation of the spine and various therapies. This approach realigns the spinal column and its sensitive surrounding tissues, relieving pressure to increase the joint's range of motion and decrease pain and discomfort. By restoring the proper function to the nervous system, chiropractic care allows the body’s natural healing abilities to work more effectively. Chiropractic care does not use medications or surgery and is often used alongside traditional medical care.
How can my chiropractor help my head pain?
Your doctor will use a physical examination prior to making any adjustments to assess your spine’s condition and ensure that they move forward with the best treatment plan for you. Chiropractic care for headaches can help remove unnecessary tension in the neck or head. In some cases, treatment for headaches can even work immediately, reducing pain and discomfort. Talk with your chiropractor to determine the best way to treat your headache or a migraine.
Managing your Headache Pain in Federal Way, WA
Managing your headache pain can help improve your quality of life, ensure that you feel good, and help you get back on your feet after a headache or migraine attack. Almost anyone is a good candidate for chiropractic adjustments, including a wide variety of ages and physical conditions. In fact, anyone from brand new babies to the elderly can benefit from this treatment.
For more information on headache pain or treating it with chiropractic care, please contact Dr. Andrew Winger and Dr. Frank Rossi at Redondo Family Chiropractic in Federal Way, WA. Call (253) 941-6977 to schedule your appointment with your chiropractor today!
What you need to know about chiropractic headache treatments.
Headaches are common, and chances are you have had one. They can occur from stress, a muscle strain, caffeine or a number of other reasons. What may start as a dull ache, can turn into a massive throbbing or sharp pain that can last for hours. If you suffer from chronic headaches, did you know your chiropractor can help? It’s true! The chiropractors at Redondo Family Chiropractic in Federal Way, Washington, can help free you of headache pain.
Your chiropractor can suggest home remedies, like over-the-counter pain medications and hot or cold packs applied to your forehead or neck. If home remedies are not working, we will introduce you to a variety of effective treatments such as:
- Spinal adjustment treatments: to fix distortions in your spine; this treatment gently adjusts your vertebrae, relieving pressure on your nerves
- Neck and back massage: to relax muscle tension, increase circulation and toxin elimination and calm your mind and body
- Facial massage: for sinus headaches; this type of massage releases fluids trapped in your sinuses, reducing headache pain and pressure
- Biofeedback training: using an electromyogram (EMG) which monitors your skeletal muscle tension; this allows you to realize when you are involuntarily tensing your muscles and helps you to relax.
- Relaxation training: using deep breathing exercises to help you relax and cope with stress as it occurs
- Exercising and stretching: to help keep your body in alignment and your muscles elongated and relaxed
Contact your Federal Way, Washington, chiropractors
Don't let headaches keep you from enjoying your life. Get help from your chiropractor. You owe it to yourself to live life to the fullest. That is why you need to call Redondo Family Chiropractic in Federal Way, Washington, and see what we can do for you. Call today to get rid of your headaches once and for all!
Headache Relief in Federal Way with Chiropractic Care
- Performing chiropractic adjustments or spinal manipulation to improve the function of your spine and reduce stress on it.
- Offering advice for posture, relaxation techniques and exercises. This will help you relieve recurring irritation and tension in the neck and back muscles.
- Providing nutritional advice. By changing what you eat and adding B complex vitamins, you can potentially help avoid headaches.