Posts for: February, 2016
What you need to know about chiropractic headache treatments.
Headaches are common, and chances are you have had one. They can occur from stress, a muscle strain, caffeine or a number of other reasons. What may start as a dull ache, can turn into a massive throbbing or sharp pain that can last for hours. If you suffer from chronic headaches, did you know your chiropractor can help? It’s true! The chiropractors at Redondo Family Chiropractic in Federal Way, Washington, can help free you of headache pain.
Your chiropractor can suggest home remedies, like over-the-counter pain medications and hot or cold packs applied to your forehead or neck. If home remedies are not working, we will introduce you to a variety of effective treatments such as:
- Spinal adjustment treatments: to fix distortions in your spine; this treatment gently adjusts your vertebrae, relieving pressure on your nerves
- Neck and back massage: to relax muscle tension, increase circulation and toxin elimination and calm your mind and body
- Facial massage: for sinus headaches; this type of massage releases fluids trapped in your sinuses, reducing headache pain and pressure
- Biofeedback training: using an electromyogram (EMG) which monitors your skeletal muscle tension; this allows you to realize when you are involuntarily tensing your muscles and helps you to relax.
- Relaxation training: using deep breathing exercises to help you relax and cope with stress as it occurs
- Exercising and stretching: to help keep your body in alignment and your muscles elongated and relaxed
Contact your Federal Way, Washington, chiropractors
Don't let headaches keep you from enjoying your life. Get help from your chiropractor. You owe it to yourself to live life to the fullest. That is why you need to call Redondo Family Chiropractic in Federal Way, Washington, and see what we can do for you. Call today to get rid of your headaches once and for all!
Suffering from back pain? You aren’t alone. Chiropractic care can help!
It’s reported that approximately 65 million Americans suffer from back pain. That’s a lot of working professionals with chronic issues! Back pain is nothing to ignore and you don’t have to just suffer with it. Find out how chiropractors Dr. Andrew Winger and Dr. Frank Rossi in Federal Way, WA, can help treat your back pain effectively.
What makes you prone to back pain?
While anyone can experience back pain, there are certain factors that may increase your chances of developing this issue:
- Age: Back pain becomes increasingly more common as we get older.
- Sedentary lifestyle: Those who work out regularly are less likely to develop back pain than those are not fit.
- Obesity or being overweight: Being overweight puts unnecessary pressure on certain areas of the body including the back.
- Heredity: There are certain conditions that are inherited and can cause back pain.
- Arthritis and other health conditions
- Job: If you carry or lift heavy objects for work you may develop back pain; however, those who work at a desk all day may also experience back pain if they don’t have the proper posture.
- Smoking: People who smoke don’t heal as quickly or as effectively. Smoking also prevents nutrients from reaching certain areas of the body like the spine, which can predispose you to back pain.
When should I see my chiropractor in Federal Way, WA?
If you are experiencing any of these issues, it’s important to give us a call:
- Severe or persistent back pain
- Pain after falling or other traumatic injury
- Unexplained weight loss
- Numbness or tingling
- Trouble urinating
How will you treat my back pain?
Everyone’s back pain is different and we will want to first determine the root cause of your problems. We will go through your medical history and discuss any past hospitalizations or injuries that could have caused your back pain. We will also perform a physical examination to check the health of your spine.
The most common treatment is spinal manipulation performed by hand. By moving certain joints in the spine, we can realign the bones to take pressure off certain areas of the body to reduce your pain. Massage or trigger point therapy may also be used in conjunction with manipulation to ease your pain. More than one session may be needed to correct your back pain. We will talk to you about how often you should come in to get the results you want.
Those with bone infections or fractures should not get chiropractic treatment. During your first visit, we will determine whether chiropractic care is right for you.
Don’t let back pain affect your quality of life, turn to your chiropractors in Federal Way, WA, to eliminate your aches and pains. Call Redondo Family Chiropractic today at (253) 941-6977!