Posts for: July, 2017
What your chiropractors in Federal Way, Washington want you to know
If you’ve been in an accident, you may not have painful symptoms right away. One of the most common conditions associated with an accident is whiplash, and whiplash signs and symptoms may take up to 24 hours to develop. Your chiropractors Dr. Andrew Winger and Dr. Frank Rossi at Redondo Family Chiropractic in Federal Way, Washington want to help you determine if you are suffering from whiplash.
Some common signs and symptoms of whiplash include:
- Stiffness and pain in your neck
- Neck pain that gets worse with movement
- Headaches starting at the base of your skull
- Pain in your arms, shoulders or upper back
- Numbness or tingling in your arms
- Dizziness or fatigue
Whiplash is the result of your neck and head suddenly being forced backwards and forwards. Sometimes you can alleviate whiplash symptoms by doing a few simple things at home, such as:
- Resting for at least 24 hours and putting ice or heat on your neck
- Taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatory or pain medications
- Gentle stretches by tilting your head from side to side
- Shoulder roll exercises or gently bending your neck forward
If you begin to experience the signs and symptoms of whiplash, your chiropractors in Federal Way can help. They offer a full range of chiropractic services to alleviate your whiplash pain. They may suggest:
- Massage and manipulation to relieve tense muscles, and reduce swelling and pain; these techniques will improve your joint function and range-of-motion.
- Traction for stretching
- Excercise for strength
For more information about whiplash injuries and treatment, please visit the whiplash page on the website at http://www.redondofc.com/federal-way-wa-whiplash.html
You don’t have to suffer from whiplash pain when help is just an easy phone call away. Your chiropractors can relieve your pain so call Redondo Family Chiropractic in Federal Way, Washington. Call today and feel better tomorrow!