Don’t you owe it to yourself to find out what’s causing your neck discomfort?
There are many reasons why our necks may ache, sting, burn or just hurt. Whether it’s come up suddenly or it’s something that’s been brewing over time, it’s important that you figure out what’s causing your neck problems so that you can start treating it. And fortunately, many people can experience relief from their neck pain just by visiting our Federal Way chiropractors Dr. Andrew Winger and Dr. Frank Rossi.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
There are so many issues that could be responsible for your neck problems. Here are some of the most common ones we see:
If one or more of your vertebrae are out of alignment, they can pinch the nerves around them resulting in neck pain. This can happen if you have poor posture, if you’ve experienced an injury or been in a car accident, if you sleep on your stomach or if you allow your neck to remain in a bad position for extended periods of time.
This is one of the most common causes of neck pain. Whiplash is when a sudden force or movement causes the ligaments or tendons in the neck or tear or become overstretched. This often happens during car accidents.
Other causes of neck pain include,
- Neck strain
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc
- Viral infections
- Contact sports injuries
When to See Your Chiropractor in Federal Way
Here are some signs that it’s time to give our office a call and schedule your next chiropractic appointment:
- Your neck pain and discomfort doesn’t improve within a few days.
- You find it impossible to turn your head without experiencing pain.
- You need over-the-counter pain medications often to treat your neck pain.
- Your neck pain is the result of a car accident or injury.
- You notice numbness or tingling that starts in your neck and travels to your hands and feet.
- Your neck pain is worse in the morning but gets better throughout the day.
Say goodbye to pain and enjoy living your life again when you turn to our Federal Way chiropractic office for care. Call Redondo Family Chiropractic Inc. today to schedule your next appointment!